Cinnamon Pecan Rolls
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded and kept to cool|
|Compressed yeast||15 Gram (1 packet)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (plus extra for greasing)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sieved|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (for dusting and rolling)|
|Corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. Grease muffin pans with butter and place 4 to 5 pecan pieces in each.
3. Top each with 1 tablespoon syrup and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine luke warm milk with yeast and ¼ cup sugar and mix well. Keep aside to rise.
5. In another large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons butter, shortening and salt. Cream well.
6. Add egg, yeast mixture and flour and knead into soft dough.
7. Place in a greased bowl, cling wrap and keep aside to rise.
8. In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar, cinnamon and ½ cup brown sugar. Mix well and keep aside.
9. Once risen, knock back the dough, knead again and divide into 2 equal portions.
10. Roll each portion into a 9 inch x 18 inch rectangle, both being ¼ inch thick.
11. Using a pastry brush, apply butter on both rectangles and sprinkle prepared cinnamon sugar mixture.
12. Using your hands, roll each rectangle into a log shape and then cut into 1 inch slices.
13. Place in muffin pans and keep aside to rise.
14. Bake in pre heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or till done.
15. Once baked, remove from oven and invert pans on to a large tray. Do not remove pans at once after you invert (the syrup will melt down on to the rolls). Makes 36 no's.
16. pour cream over it and Serve warm.