Stuffed Meat Roll
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned condensed tomato soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Bread slices||6 , cubed|
|Spiced crab apples/As required||1|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine beef, pork, soup, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix well and place on wax/ butter paper.
3. Shape meat into a 14 inch x 9 inch rectangle and gently place along with wax paper on a oven proof shallow pan. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized skillet, melt butter.
5. Add onions and saute on a medium flame till translucent.
6. Remove from flame and add eggs, bread, remaining salt, pepper and thyme/ sage. Mix well.
7. Apply this mixture over meat evenly and roll along with wax paper lengthwise.
8. Bake in pre heated oven for 1 hour or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside.
10. Discard wax paper gently and serve warm with spiced crab apples.