Crispy Spring Rolls
|Fresh bean sprouts||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Bamboo shoots||4 Ounce, sliced, rinsed and drained (115 Gram)|
|White mushrooms||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Spring onions||5 , thinly shredded|
|Seasoned oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring roll skins||20 , Defrosted (1 Packet)|
|Flour paste||1 Tablespoon (Plain)|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon, dry (For Dusting)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. To prepare the bean sprouts wash and drain them.
2. Cut the vegetables into fine shreds roughly the same size as the bean sprouts.
3. In a pan heat the oil and stir-fry the vegetables for about 1 minute.
4. Add the salt, sugar, soy sauce and wine, continue stirring for another minute.
5. Add the MSG (if using), remove and drain off the excess liquid, then leave to cool for at least 1 hour.
6. A little under half way down a sheet of the skin place about 2 tablespoons of the vegetables and shape it into a 'sausage'.
7. Lift the lower flap over the filling and roll once.
8. Fold in both ends and roll once more.
9. Brush the remaining edge with a little flour paste and roll into a neat package.
10. Lightly dust a tray with dry flour and place the spring rolls on it with the flap-side down.
11. In a wok or deep-fryer heat the oil until hot (180°C/350°F), then reduce the heat to 160°C/325°F and deep-fry the spring rolls in batches (say 3-4 at a time) for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy.
12. Remove and drain.
13. Serve hot with a dip such as light soy sauce, rice vinegar, chilli sauce, or Spicy Salt and Pepper.