Lamb Cutlets with Mustard Sauce
|Coarse-grain mustard||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Marjoram||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Double cream||5 Fluid Ounce (Canon, 142 Milliliter)|
|Radicchio leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Herb sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1) Layer the cutlets on the base of a shallow dish.
2) In a bowl, add the mustard and slowly mix in the wine.
3) Season well with salt and pepper and mix in the herbs.
4) Spoon the marinade over the cutlets and turn to coat well.
5) Place a lid over and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6) Take out the cutlets and keep aside the marinade for later use.
7) Heat a heavy-based frying pan over coals and quickly brown the cutlets on both sides.
8) Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, then pour in the marinade, place the pan over the hottest part of the barbecue.
9) Cook rapidly till the lamb is tender and the marinade reduces to about 3 tablespoons.
10) Place the cutlets into a warmed serving dish.
11) Pour the cream into the pan and boil rapidly till the sauce thickens.
12) Add over the cutlets.
13) Garnish with radicchio and herbs and serve.