Veal Cutlet Cordon Bleu
|Thin veal slices||12 (Delft Blue Provimi)|
|Salt||To Taste (To Season)|
|Black pepper||To Taste (To Season)|
|Thin swiss cheese slices||6|
|Thin ham slices||6|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (To Dredge)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Between two sheets of plastic wrap, place veal slice and pound lightly with a meat hammer, flat pan or a rolling pin to flatten it to 1/8-inch thickness. Take care not to tear the piece of meat. Do the same for all the fillets.
2. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. On 6 veal slices, arrange a slice of ham and then a slice on cheese.
4. Top with another slice of veal.
5. To seal, pound the edges lightly.
6. Dredge veal cutlets in flour, shaking off excess.
7. Next dip each in egg mixture then roll in bread crumbs, pressing lightly to give an even coating.
8. In a large skillet, melt the butter.
9. Fry the veal cutlets in the butter, about 8 minutes on each side.
10. Serve the Veal Cutlet Cordon Bleu accompanied lemon wedges and with a side of parsley potatoes.