Chicken Rolls With Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce
|Boneless chicken breasts||4 Large|
|Garlic and herb italian bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1|
|Garlic cloves||3 , chopped|
|Unsalted butter stick||3⁄4|
|Thai peanut sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Roasted pineapple habanera sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Start out pre-heating your cooker to 270 degrees.
2. Rinse 4 large boneless chicken breasts.
3. Place the breasts in a 1 gallon Ziploc bag one at a time.
4. Using a tenderizing mallet and or a rolling pin, pond down the breast until its flattened to 1/4 inch thick.
5. Repeat this for each chicken breast.
6. Place on a plate, covered and place into the fridge.
7. Slice 1 whole sweet onion and one green bell pepper.
8. Cut the onion slices into thirds.
9. Coarsely chop the green pepper.
10. Chop 3 cloves fresh garlic.
11. Chop the Dole mushrooms but not too small.
12. Cut 3/4 stick of unsalted butter into about 4 slices.
13. Over medium heat, melt one slice of the butter and add the onions.
14. Sautee the onions for several minutes until they begin to soften.
15. Add another slice of butter and add the green pepper.
16. Once the green pepper softens a bit add another slice of butter and the mushrooms.
17. When the mushrooms soften push contents to the side of pan opening a clearing in center of pan.
18. Add the last of the butter to the center of the pan.
19. Now add the garlic and sautéed it until it starts to brown just a bit.
20. Once it does, then stir it into the rest of the veggies.
21. Add a few chopped basil leaves and 2 tbsp of Thai peanut sauce and stir it into the veggies. If you want a stronger Thai peanut sauce flavor just add more. Immediately remove from heat and let stand.
22. Mix 1 cup milk and 2 tablespoon honey in a bowl.
23. Pour 2 cups bread crumbs into a pie pan.
24. Get your chicken from the fridge and dip both sides of each piece of chicken into the milk & honey mixture.
25. Then lay them into the bread crumbs coating both sides. Once coated you may lay them onto a cooking sheet.
26. Once all the chicken has been coated liberally, spoon on equal amounts of the sautéed veggies onto each piece of breaded chicken.
27. Carefully roll each piece of chicken up around the sautéed veggies and pin them shut with a tooth pick.
28. Chop a little Rosemary and sprinkle on the top of each chicken roll.
29. Place the chicken onto the pre-heated cooker and cook at 270 degrees until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 170 degrees.
30. Remove the chicken from the cooker at 270 degrees and let cool for 10 minutes.
31. Slice into 1/2" slices and drizzle with Roasted Pineapple & Habanera sauce. You may want to use Thai Peanut sauce.
Calories 605 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.6 mg33.5%
Sodium 1440.3 mg60%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 40 g80.3%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet