Quick Chicken Croquettes
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crisco||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Needed For Deep Frying)|
1. In a saucepan, heat Crisco and stir in flour with salt.
2. Add milk; stir to mix.
3. Over very low heat, cook sauce with constant stirring until it thickens and bubbles.
4. Add chicken, onion and parsley.
5. Grease a shallow baking pan.
6. Into the prepared baking pan, spread the chicken mixture and refrigerate until chilled well.
7. Sometime before serving, divide the chicken mixture into 8 equal portions and roll them with hands to form a log.
8. Beat eggs with lemon juice.
9. First, dip log in egg mixture and then roll over crumbs.
10. In a deep skillet, melt enough Crisco to deep fry rolls and heat to 375° Fahrenheit.
11. Deep fry rolls in heated Crisco for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
12. Drain over paper towels.
13. Serve hot Chicken Croquettes with a creamy dip or hot sauce.
Calories 1273 Calories from Fat 1089
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183%
Saturated Fat 30.2 g151.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.4 mg37.1%
Sodium 577.1 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet