Refrigerator Herb Rolls
Active dry yeast - 1 package
Celery seed - 2 teaspoons
Dried thyme - 1 teaspoon
Milk - 1 1/4 cups
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Crisco - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Egg - 1
1. In a mixer bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, celery seed and thyme.
2. In a saucepan, mix milk, sugar, Crisco, and salt; heat until just warm and occasionally stir to melt Crisco.
3. Add wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredient mixture.
4. Add egg.
5. Using an electric mixer, beat at low speed for ½ a minute; constantly scrape sides of bowl to blend well.
6. Then, beat at high speed for 3 minutes.
7. Gradually add remaining flour and mix well with hands to form a soft dough.
8. In a greased bowl, place dough and turn once to grease surface.
9. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until chilled thoroughly.
10. Remove the dough from refrigerator, about 2 hours before serving.
11. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit before baking.
12. Shape dough into 1 ¼ inch small balls.
13. Into a greased muffin pan, place 3 balls in each slot.
14. Brush balls with melted butter and let it stand for 1 hour to double in size.
15. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
16. Serve hot herb rolls with piping hot soup.