|Sifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Packet|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crisco||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°
2. Grease the baking sheet or a muffin tim
3. In a large mixing bowl, tip in 1-1/3rd of the flour and the yeast and mix well
4. In another bowl, tip in the milk, sugar, Crisco and the salt and mix well. Stir occasionally to ensure that the Crisco is melted.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat well. Add the egg and beat at low speed with an electric mixer for ½ minute while scraping down the sides of the bowl regularly. Beat this mix for 3 minutes at high speed.
6. Add enough flour to the bowl and remove the dough to a well-floured surface to knead to make dough.
7. Place in a greased bowl and then turn over so that the dough is covered with the grease. Cover, let rise until double, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Punch down; turn out on lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest 10 minutes and then shape as desired. Cover and let the rolls rise till double in size. This will take 35-46 minutes.
8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
9. Serve hot or at room temperature