Caramel Pecan Rolls
Active dry yeast - 2 packages
Milk - 1 3/4 cups
Water - 1/2 cup
Granulated sugar - 2 tablespoons
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Crisco -3 tablespoons
Brown sugar - 1 cup
Butter or margarine - 1/2 cup , melted
Corn syrup - 2 tablespoons
Pecan halves - 1 cup
Butter or margarine - 4 tablespoons , softened
Granulated sugar- 1/2 cup
Cinnamon. - 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 425°
2. In a large mixer bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast and mix well
3. In a large saucepan, heat the water, milk and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, the salt, and Crisco just until warm. Stir this mixture occasionally to melt Crisco and get an even mix.
4. Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat at low speed for ½ minute while scraping down the sides of the bowl. Beat this mix for three minutes. Add flour by hand to the bowl and mix again. Turn out the mixture on to a floured board so that you have a mixture that you can knead. Knead well for 5 minutes and then cover and set aside to rise for 20 minutes. Punch down and set aside after 20 minutes
5. In large saucepan, tip in the brown sugar, corn syrup and the melted butter and cook till the sugar has melted.
6. Pour this mixture in the bottom of 36 well-greased muffin pans and pour the pecans evenly over this mixture
7. Divide the dough into half and roll each into a 10x6-inch rectangle. Spread this with softened butter
8. In another bowl, combine the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the cinnamon and mix well. Sprinkle this over the rectangle and roll up jelly-roll like till it is completely rolled up. Seal the edges and cut into 1-inch slices.
9. Place the cut slices into the muffin tins with the cut sides down and place in the refrigerator to chill for 2-24 hours. Remove from the refrigerator and let stand for 20 minutes before baking. Bake for 20-25 minutes and invert on a cooling rack to serve
10. Serve warm with ice cream