Whole Wheat Rolls
Active dry yeast - 2 packages
Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Crisco - 3 tablespoons
Eggs - 2
Sifted all-purpose flour - 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups
1. Preheat the oven to 400°
2. Grease the baking sheet or a muffin tin
3. In a large mixer bowl, tip in the whole wheat flour and the yeast and mix well.
4. In a large saucepan, tip in the milk, sugar, salt and the Crisco and beat well till the mixture is warm and completely melted.
5. Add this to the dry ingredients in the bowl and beat well again. Add the eggs to the pan and then beat at low speed of the electric mixer bowl for ½ minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl constantly and beat again for three minutes
6. Add flour by hand to the bowl and mix well to make dough. Tip out on a floured surface and knead well.
7. Place in a greased bowl and then turn over so that the dough is covered with the grease. Cover, let rise until double, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Punch down; turn out on lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest 10 minutes and then shape as desired. Cover and let the rolls rise till double in size. This will take 35-46 minutes.
8. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes till done
9. Serve warm or at room temperature