Quick and Simple Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
|White onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium, minced|
|Chili pepper||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped (optional) (Optional)|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Tomato||2 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take some water in a shallow bottomed pan and boil the cabbage for not more than five minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water and keep aside. Separate the leaves. Remove the hard part and cut the leaf into a half.
2. To make the filling, take some oil in a pan and to it add onions, ginger, garlic, a chilli pepper, diced bell pepper, couple of tablespoon of parsley, a teaspoon of paprika, 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp oregano, salt and black pepper.
3. Turn off the heat and add two large tomatoes diced, half a pound of ground beef, half a cup of uncooked rice and mix this well.
4. Take the cabbage leaf, put a spoonful of filling into it and roll the leaf. Tuck in the corners and keep aside.
5. In a shallow bottomed pan, place a beef short rib on the center and start arranging the cabbage rolls around the center.
6. Put smashed garlic cloves into it.
7. Now cover the mouth with a lid, place a rock on top and pour 2 cups of warm beef broth diluted with 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
8. Cover this with a heavy lid and let it simmer for a good 45 minutes.
9. Serve with Greek yogurt.
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.7 mg8.9%
Sodium 631.9 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 11 g21.8%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 74.9%
Calcium 11% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet