Herbed Dinner Rolls
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packets)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a small saucepan, mix together skim milk, margarine, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Cook on medium heat till the margarine melts.
3) Cool down the mixture to lukewarm.
4) In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
5) Stir in the milk mixture, egg and flour. Beat with an electric mixer on low. Divide the dough equally into 18 balls. With a floured finger make a hole in the centre of each ball. The hole should be 1 to 1 1/2 inch in size.
6) On a floured surface, place the bagels till they rise in about 20 minutes.
7) In a Dutch oven, add 1 gallon of water and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Bring it to a boil.
8) Turn down the heat to medium. Drop in the bagels into the boiling water, 6 at a time.
9) Turn down the heat to simmer. Cook the bagels uncovered for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
10) Drain the bagels on paper towels and arrange them on an ungreased baking sheet.
11) Bake the bagels for 10 minutes.
12) Brush the bagels with egg white once removed from the oven.
13) Sprinkle sesame seeds over the bagel. Bake for 20 more minutes till the bagels become golden brown. Let them cool down before serving.
14) Serve Sesame Seed Bagels with cream cheese of your liking