California Veal Cutlets
|Veal cutlets||1 Pound|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Avocado slices||8 (Thin)|
|Orange||1 Small, divided into 12 sections|
1) Remove excess fat from curlets.
2) Between 2 sheets of wax paper, place the cutlets.
3) Using a meat mailer or rolling pin, flatten cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness
4) Coat the cutlets with 2 tablespoons flour.
5) Take a large skillet and coat it with cooking spray or margarine.
6) Place it over medium-high heat until hot.
7) Add cutlets to the skillet,- cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
8) Remove from skillet, and drain on paper rowels; keep aside.
9) With a paper towel, wipe skillet dry.
10) Add remaining flour, water, bouillon granules, orange juice, and dried whole tarragon ro skillet.
11) Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened.
12) Add cutlets to the sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.
13) In a platter, transfer the cutlets top with avocado slices and orange sections.
14) Garnish with fresh tarragon sprig, if desired.
15) Serve warm with green salad and bread.
Calories 897 Calories from Fat 573
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.7%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg30%
Sodium 108.3 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 30 g119.9%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 35 g69%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 104.3%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet