|Cold mashed potatoes||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Cooked ham||4 Ounce, finely chopped (100 gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (4 tablespoons)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1. In a bowl stir well all the ingredients for the croquettes to mix.
2. Dividing the mixture into 14 equal portions shape into croquettes on a floured surface.
3. To make the coating in a shallow dish put the eggs and milk and beat well to mix.
4. Dip each croquette into the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumbs.
5. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Open (flash) freeze until firm, then pack in a rigid container, separating each layer with foil. Seal, label and return to the freezer.
6. To serve the frozen dish thaw in the refrigerator for 1 hour, then deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown.
7. Drain on paper towels and serve hot with tomato sauce.