Baked Turkey Egg Rolls
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Napa chinese cabbage||1 Pound (finely shredded)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (finely shredded)|
|Green onions||2 Tablespoon (sliced)|
|Ground turkey||1⁄2 Pound|
|Five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||2 Teaspoon (grated)|
|Egg roll skins||1 Pound|
1) Make a mixture of soy sauce and cornstarch and set aside.
2) Take a non-stick skillet or wok and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Heat it.
3) Put the cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot and onions into the wok.
4) Stir-fry until cabbage is wilted.
5) Replace the mixture and set aside.
6) Now, add ground turkey, five-spice powder and gingerroot to wok.
7) Cook over medium heat until turkey done.
8) Mix the soy sauce mixture and the cabbage mixture together and cook until thickened.
9) Let the turkey mixture cool.
10) Place 1/4 cup turkey mixture slightly below centre of egg roll skin.
11) Now fold corner of egg roll skin closest to filling over filling.
12) Fold the skin and overlap the 2 opposite corners.
13) Brush the fourth corner with water and roll up enclosed filling to seal.
14) Repeat the procedure with remaining egg roll skins and mixture.
15) Heat oven to 400°.
16) Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
17) Place egg rolls, seam sides down, on cookie sheet.
18) Lightly spray egg rolls with non-stick cooking spray.
19) Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
20) Serve the hot baked turkey egg rolls with some salad garnishing.
While filling the mixture cover remaining skins with dampened towel to keep them pliable. Cover filled egg rolls with dampened towel or plastic wrap to keep them from drying out.
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 55 mg18.3%
Sodium 1151 mg48%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 65.9% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 11% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet