Smothered Steak Roll Ups
|Round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced (1/4-inch thick)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Prepared, packaged)|
|Canned condensed consomme/Cream of mushroom, / golden mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Slice the steak into six 8x4 inch pieces .
2) Pound with steak with a meat hammer or edge of a heavy saucer.
3) Place 1/4 cup stuffing in the center of each steak piece.
4) Roll up the steak, tuck in ends and secure the rolls with skewers or toothpicks.
5) In a skillet, saute the steak roll-ups in shortening, until browned; drain off the excess drippings.
6) Stir in the mushroom soup and water.
7) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 1 1/4 hours, or until tender.
8) Serve the Smothered Steak Roll Ups, immediately on a serving platter.