Smothered Steak Roll Ups
|Round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced (1/4-inch thick)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Prepared, packaged)|
|Canned condensed consomme/Cream of mushroom, / golden mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Slice the steak into six 8x4 inch pieces .
2) Pound with steak with a meat hammer or edge of a heavy saucer.
3) Place 1/4 cup stuffing in the center of each steak piece.
4) Roll up the steak, tuck in ends and secure the rolls with skewers or toothpicks.
5) In a skillet, saute the steak roll-ups in shortening, until browned; drain off the excess drippings.
6) Stir in the mushroom soup and water.
7) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 1 1/4 hours, or until tender.
8) Serve the Smothered Steak Roll Ups, immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 46 mg15.3%
Sodium 504.1 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 2% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet