Refrigerator Buttermilk Rolls
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Crisco||3 Ounce (3 heaping tablespoons)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F before baking the bread.
2) In a bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
3) Add crisco and combine, as you do for biscuit dough.
4) In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast according to the packet instruction.
5) Add the dissolved yeast to beaten egg and buttermilk to combine.
6) Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix properly.
7) Place the dough inside the refrigerator overnight.
8) Sprinkle little flour on the dough and divide into 3 small balls, if desired.
9) Place the balls in a bowl of melted butter to cover all sides.
10) Allow the balls to rise for 1 1/2 hours.
11) Place the rolls on baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
12) Serve the rolls in breakfast, with jam or bread spread.
Dough will keep for a long time in refrigerator.