Surprise Rice Croquettes
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Cheese cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Of Your Favorite Cheese)|
|Fine bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) In a bowl, add the rice, grated cheese, egg, mustard, salt, pepper, and melted butter and blend to a puree.
2) Take the cheese cubes, and use the rice puree to coat each cube and shape into croquettes or balls.
3) Coat well in bread crumbs and drop into fat heated to 365°F.
4) Allow to fry for till light brown and place on absorbent paper to drain.
5) Serve hot with tomato sauce.