Chili Meat Roll
|Ground chuck||2 Pound|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely minced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chili||15 Ounce (1 Can, Nalley's Brand, Big Chunk Style)|
|Crushed corn chips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Nalley's Brand)|
STEPS NEEDED TO GETTING READY
1. Cut 2 pieces of waxed paper, approximately 12-inches by 17-inches.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs and onion.
4. Mix well, using your hands.
5. Turn the mixture onto a waxed paper sheet and cover with the other sheet.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out the meatloaf mixture or pat it to a 9-inches X 15-inches rectangle.
7. Remove the top sheet of paper and spread the chili over the sheet of meat.
8. Blanket with the crushed corn chips
9. Starting from the shorter side, roll the meat mixture sheet into a log, like a jellyroll. Use the waxed paper to help you roll without tearing the meat sheet.
10. Remove the wax paper and place the meat roll in a loaf pan large enough to accommodate it.
11. Bake in the heated oven for 1 hour.
12. Drain the juices and bake another 10 minutes.
13. Slice and serve with mashed potatoes on the side.