Stuffed Peppered Cabbage Rolls
|Cabbage leaves||8 Large|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) In a pan, cook the cabbage leaves in boiling salted water for a few minutes to soften; drain thoroughly.
2) In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, onion, beaten egg, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons tomato soup.
3) Spoon the meat mixture equally over the cabbage leaves, roll and fasten with toothpicks or string.
4) In a skillet, place the cabbage rolls and pour over rest of the tomato soup.
5) Cover and cook over a low heat for about 40 minutes; stirring and spooning sauce over the rolls occasionally.
6) Serve the Stuffed Cabbage Rolls immediately on a serving platter.