|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered mushrooms||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper/Red pepper||1 Dash|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||14 Ounce (2 Cans, 7 Ounce Each)|
|Minced pimento||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded green onions||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracker meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and remove from heat.
2) Stir in the flour, dry mustard, powdered mushrooms, pepper, onion salt, cayenne and lemon juice, blend thoroughly.
3) Gradually stir in milk, stir continuously and cook over a low heat, until the mixture is thickened and smooth.
4) Drain and flake the tuna.
5) Stir the tuna, pimiento and shredded green onions into the sauce, mix thoroughly.
6) Spread out the mixture on a plate, then refrigerate until chilled.
7) Shape the chilled mixture into 8 to 10 cones, or cylinders.
8) Roll in the cracker meal, then in beaten egg, then again in the cracker meal.
9) Refrigerate the croquettes until chilled.
10) In a heavy skillet or deep fryer, fry the croquettes in deep fat at 375°F for 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
11) Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.
12) Serve the Tuna Croquettes, immediately on a serving platter sour cream sauce or mustard sauce or any other sauce as desired.