Turkey Rolls Delicious
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed and cooked|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Soft bread crumbs||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a skillet, melt the butter, stir in the flour, onion salt, mace, cayenne and poultry seasoning; cook over a low heat, until bubbly.
3) In a small bowl, dissolve the seasoned stock base in hot water, then stir into the flour mixture.
4) Stir continuously and cook over a low heat, until the mixture is thickened.
5) Then stir in the turkey and mushrooms, mix thoroughly.
6) Remove from heat allow to cool, then refrigerate until chilled.
7) Shape the mixture into eight 3 x 1 1/2-inch rolls.
8) Roll them in bread crumbs, dip in egg and, then again, roll in bread crumbs.
9) Wrap each roll with a bacon slice and secure with a toothpick.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or, until browned.
11) Serve the Turkey Rolls Delicious, immediately on a serving platter.