|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely ground|
|Onion||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|For creamy egg sauce|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Melt the butter and blend in the flour. Add the milk all at once.
2) Cook and stir the mixture till it is thick and bubbly and continue to cook and stir for another 1 minute.
3) Take the mixture off the heat.
4) Add the onion, ham and mustard. Blend well.
5) Chill the mixture.
6) Shape the sufficiently chilled mixture into 8 to 10 balls.
7) In bread crumbs, roll the balls and shape into cones, handling lightly.
8) Combine together the egg with 2 tablespoons of water.
9) Into the egg and water mixture, dip the prepared balls and roll in crumbs once again.
10) In deep hot fat (at 365 degrees), fry the balls till they are thoroughly heated (1 ½ to 2 minutes).
12) To make the Creamy Egg Sauce, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and blend in 2 tablespoons of flour, ¾ teaspoon of salt and a dash of white pepper. Add 1 cup of milk and stir well.
13) Cook and stir the mixture till it is thick and bubbly.
14) Add 1 cup of chopped hard-cooked egg gently.
15) Serve the croquettes while still hot with the Creamy Egg Sauce on the side.
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.4 mg22.1%
Sodium 494.9 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.97%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 0.23%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet