|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground veal||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Combine together the butter, milk, lemon juice, soft bread crumbs, salt, paprika and pepper. Add the veal and mix well.
2) Shape the meat mixture into 6 patties, each ¾-inch.
3) Combine together the egg and water and dip the patties into the mixture. Then dip into the dry bread crumbs.
4) In a skillet, heat the shortening and brown the patties on both sides.
5) Cover the skillet and gently simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, till the meat is done.
6) Transfer the patties to a warm platter and keep warm.
7) To make the Gravy, pour off the drippings in the pan, keeping 1 tablespoon in the behind in the pan.
8) To the drippings in the pan, blend 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper.
9) Add 1 cup of milk, all at once.
10) Cook the mixture, constantly stirring, till the mixture is thick and bubbly.
11) Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and stir well.
12) Serve the patties hot, with the warm gravy.