Curried Ham Rolls
|Curried rice mix||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Golden raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Boiled ham slices||12 (Square Slices)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cook the rice as per the directions on the package.
3) Add the chopped eggs, raisins and parsley. Mix well.
4) Melt the butter in a saucepan and blend in the cornstarch, curry powder and salt.
5) Add the milk and mix well. Cook and stir till the mixture is thick and bubbly.
6) Add half of the curry sauce to the rice mix and mix well.
7) In a 10x6x1 ¾-inch baking dish, place the rice.
8) With the help of a spatula, make 5 crosswise indentations in the rice, beginning about 1 1/2-inches from the casserole's ends.
9) Put together 2 ham slices and curve to form a roll.
10) Into the end of casserole, insert one side of the roll and tuck the second side into the first indentation.
11) Repeat the process with 2 more ham slices, tucking the first side of the roll into the same indentation with the previously made roll. Tuck the second side into the next indentation.
12) With the remaining ham, continue forming the rolls.
13) Over the top, pour the remaining sauce.
14) Bake the preparation in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
15) Serve the Curried Ham Rolls while still hot. Makes a good main dish. If preferred, transfer the preparation to a decorative serving platter and then serve.