Nutty Biscuit Roll
|Plain flour||12 Ounce (300 g)|
|Ground rice||4 Ounce (100 g)|
|Crunchy peanut butter||6 Teaspoon (Leveled) (90 ml)|
|Soft margarine||8 Ounce (200 g)|
|Castor sugar||10 Ounce (250 g)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Milk||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Plain chocolate||1 Ounce (25 g, optional)|
1) In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chocolate.
2) Chop the chocolate, if using.
3) Add the chocolate to half of the mixture.
4) Form two rolls out of the mixture, each about 5 cm (2 in) in diameter.
5) Cut thin slices and arrange on greased baking sheet.
6) Place the baking sheet, in a moderate oven (180°C 350°F/Gas 4) for 15-20 minutes until pale golden brown.
7) Serve the biscuits as snacks with hot or cold beverage.
To store the unbaked roll, pack in cling wrap and chill.
To freeze Pack the rolls in freezer bags. Thaw slightly and slice when required, returning the remainder to the freezer.