Stuffed Hamburger Roll
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Bread cubes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), toasted (1/4-inch, about 4 slices)|
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Dried sage leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Sharp process american cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 cup)|
1. In a pan simmer with cover, combining onion and 1/3 cup water for 5 minutes.
2. Toss adding bread cubes.
3. In a bowl combine beef, egg, sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt and dash pepper.
4. On a waxed paper, pat meat into 14x8-inch rectangle, spread the bread mixture over and sprinkle over 3/4 cup cheese.
5. Starting at narrow end, roll the meat to resemble a jelly-roll.
6. in 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf dish place seam side down and bake uncovered at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
7. Bake topping with remaining cheese till melted.
8. Serve the roll pouring over sauce or as desired.
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.9 mg48.3%
Sodium 519 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 29 g57.5%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 0.93%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet