Stuffed Hamburger Roll
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Bread cubes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), toasted (1/4-inch, about 4 slices)|
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Dried sage leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Sharp process american cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 cup)|
1. In a pan simmer with cover, combining onion and 1/3 cup water for 5 minutes.
2. Toss adding bread cubes.
3. In a bowl combine beef, egg, sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt and dash pepper.
4. On a waxed paper, pat meat into 14x8-inch rectangle, spread the bread mixture over and sprinkle over 3/4 cup cheese.
5. Starting at narrow end, roll the meat to resemble a jelly-roll.
6. in 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf dish place seam side down and bake uncovered at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
7. Bake topping with remaining cheese till melted.
8. Serve the roll pouring over sauce or as desired.