|Active dry yeast/Compressed yeast -2 cakes||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (2 packages)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||8 Cup (128 tbs), sifted|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1) To dissolve the yeast, use hot warm water (105°F. - 115°F.) for dry yeast and use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed yeast.
2) After adding the yeast to the water, allow it to soak in for a few minutes and then stir till completely dissolved.
3) In a bowl, combine butter, sugar, salt and pour hot milk.
4) Allow the mixture to cool to lukewarm and then add the yeast, eggs, and half of the flour and beat well.
5) Add more flour to make a smooth dough.
6) On a flour-dusted board, knead the dough lightly.
7) Add the dough to a greased bowl and cover for 1 ½ hours, until it rises to double.
8) Turn out the dough on the board and make 50 balls.
9) Put the dough balls close together in greased baking trays.
10) Again, let it double, for 30 minutes.
11) Brush with melted butter and bake in for 20 minutes.
12) Serve warm drizzled with honey.