|Floury potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Peel the potatoes and parsnip and chop them.
2) Cook them both in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes till tender.
3) Meanwhile, trim and finely shred leeks and celery.
4) Peel the carrots and grate them.
5) In a skillet, melt butter, add leeks and celery and fry till golden.
6) Drain potatoes and parsnip, return to pan and saute over a low heat to dry thoroughly.
7) Remove from heat and mash to form a smooth puree.
8) Add fried vegetables and any pan juices.
9) Add carrots, parsley, nutmeg and seasoning.
10) Add beaten eggs, spread the mixture on a plate, cool, then chill for 2-3 hours till firm.
11) In a deep-fryer, heat oil to 340°.
12) With floured hands, shape vegetable mixture into 20 balls with floured hands.
13) Fry, a few at a time, for 5-6 minutes, till crisp and golden.
14) Drain on paper towels.
15) Serve the vegetables croquettes hot, garnished with parsley.