Deep Fried Salmon Cutlets
|Flaked salmon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), undiluted|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||1 , slightly beaten|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1. Heat evaporated milk, vinegar, paprika, salt, and soft crumbs until milk scald.
2. Pour the mixture atop egg yolk. Add minced salmon and mix thoroughly.
3. Beat egg whites to a stuff mixture and fold in egg yolk mixture.
4. Allow the mixture to chill for 4 to 8 hours.
5. Shape the mixture into 8 cutlets.
6. Roll the cutlet mixture into crumbs before dipping in egg mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water.
7. Roll in the crumbs once again and allow to chill for about 60 minutes.
8. Take out and deep fry in hot fat until golden brown.
9. Serve the hot Deep Fried Salmon Cutlets with creamy egg sauce, chili sauce, ketchup, or lemon sections.
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.2%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.8 mg57.3%
Sodium 786.8 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 27 g53.3%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet