Cheese And Dandelion Roll
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Dandelion leaves||1 Pound, parboiled for 2 minutes, drained and chopped (or use spinach, beet / turnip greens)|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked hominy grits/Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hardboiled eggs||2 , sliced|
|Tomato sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine the cheese, greens, butter, ketchup, horseradish and grits or rice.
3) Mix well and form this mix into a cylindrical roll.
4) On a buttered baking sheet, place this roll.
5) Bake it the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
6) On a warmed serving dish, place the roll.
7) Garnish with egg slices.
8) Serve the Cheese and Dandelion Roll hot with tomato sauce on the side.