Stuffed Meat Roll
|Sirloin steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut 1/4-inch thick|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ham||1⁄2 Pound, cut into juliennes|
|Sausages||2 , sliced (Spanish, Italian, Or Vienna)|
|Eggs||2 , hard-cooked, sliced|
|Green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , diced|
1) Pound the steak, as thin as possible between 2 sheets of waxed paper.
2) In a bowl, mix vinegar, garlic and pepper.
4) Marinate the steak in the mixture for 30 minutes.
5) Drain the steak, reserving the marinade.
6) Place the steak on a flat surface, arrange ham, sausage and eggs in successive rows.
7) Sprinkle olive all over, roll the steak and tie securely with string.
8) In a deep skillet, heat oil brown the meat roll in it on all sides.
9) Pour off the oil from skillet, add the onions, bay leaf, water, tomato sauce, salt, tomatoes and the marinade
10) Cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours or until meat is tender.
11) Taste for seasoning.
13) Remove the meat roll from sauce and slice it.
14) Arrange on a serving platter and pour sauce all over.
Calories 1115 Calories from Fat 827
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.2%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 246.4 mg82.1%
Sodium 1715.7 mg71.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 57 g113.5%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 27.3%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet