|Flaky pastry||1⁄4 Pound (100 Gram)|
|Sausage meat||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 425°F, 220°C or Gas No. 7
2) Lightly flour a working surface.
3) Roll pastry thinly to a oblong about 12 by 6 inches (30 by 15 cm).
4) Trim the edges and halve lengthwise.
5) Let stand in a cool place.
6) Sprinkle seasoning over sausage meat and divide into two.
7) Lightly dust hands with flour and dredge each portion of sausage meat out to a rope equal to the pastry strip.
8) At the centre of each piece of pastry put one rope of sausage meat.
9) Wet a long edge of the pastry, fold over the sausage meat. Seal it to opposite edge.
10) Using a sharp knife, cut each long roll into four or six sausage rolls.
11) On a baking sheet arrange the sausage rolls and make one or two diagonal slashes on top.
12) Baste with beaten egg and milk.
13) Put in an oven and bake for 20 minutes.
14) Serve warm.
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 89.1 mg29.7%
Sodium 426.7 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0.5%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet