|Cooked meat||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 Gram)|
|Toasted breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Mince the meat.
2) Peel the onions and finely chop them.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the onion.
4) Cover and cook very gently for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender but not brown.
5) Add the minced meat and cook for a few moments more.
6) Stir in the flour and mix well, then slowly add the stock.
7) Cook for several minutes until the mixture is very thick, then add a good seasoning of salt and pepper and add the cheese.
8) Remove from heat and spread the mixture about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick on a plate.
9) Cover with butter, foil or paper and leave until quite cold.
10) Divide the mixture into eight equal portions.
11) Flour the hands and roll each portion first into a ball and then into a croquette shape.
12) Coat in the lightly-beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs.
13) Freeze uncovered until hard.
14) Place together in one or two lots of four in polythene freezer bags.
14) Tie tightly and replace in the freezer.
15) To serve: Allow the meat croquetteto thaw at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
16) Deep fry in hot fat for 5 minutes, then serve hot.
17)The croquettes can be prepared and frozen, ready to serve another day.
18) Use Gruyere cheese; when hot and newly served the croquettes should have the delicious tacky texture that only Gruyere cheese can give.
Calories 585 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 253 mg84.3%
Sodium 624.9 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 46 g91.1%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 37.5% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet