|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yeast||1 Tablespoon, dissolved in cup warm water|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||3 Tablespoon (To Thicken)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Beat together the shortening and flour, then add hot water, milk, sugar, and salt to make a creamy mixture.
3) Let it cool to lukewarm.
4) Add yeast mixture, eggs and flour to thicken.
5) Knead and let rise till it becomes double in volume.
6) Put in greased ovenproof pan and let rise again.
7) In the oven, bake at 350°F temperature for about 25-30 minutes.
8) Serve hot or cold as an excellent side dish.