|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2) Into a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
3) Gradually add shortening.
4) With a fork, mix well.
5) Add milk to prepare a soft dough.
6) On a floured board, toss lightly, till the outside becomes smooth.
7) Roll out the dough into a sheet, of 8x12 inches.
8) On top of the sheet, sprinkle cheese and pimento.
9) Now, roll up the sheet like a jelly roll.
10) With a sharp knife, cut in 8 slices from this roll, starting from the short side.
11) Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes, or until done.
12) Serve as required.