Hot Rolls with Lemon Butter
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Noninstant nonfat milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten with 1 tablespoon water (For Glaze)|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (For Beating The Egg Yolk)|
|For lemon butter|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/2 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in honey and egg.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add flour, milk powder, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and orange rind. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Add butter to cut in to 1-inch pieces. Pulse on/off until mixture resembles coarse meal.
7) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while machine is running.
8) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
9) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
10) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
11) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
12) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
13) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
14) Punch down dough and knead by adding 1/2 cup raisins for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
15) Make out 12 parts out of the dough. Let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
16) Shape the parts in ball.
17) Use on greased baking sheet, to place the balls about 1-inch apart.
18) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
19) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
20) Brush the balls with glaze.
21) Place the sheet inside oven on middle rack to bake for 20-25 minutes.
22) In a clean, dry work bowl, prepare the lemon butter, by combining butter, honey and lemon rind to a smooth mix.
23) Remove the balls from oven and serve hot with lemon butter.