|Cabbage leaves||8 Large|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Divided)|
|Canned sauerkraut||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. In a large shallow microwave proof dish, place the cabbage leaves and cover with water.
2. Cover dish with plastic wrap and pierce in a few places to allow steam to escape.
3. Microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes until the leave become limp.
4. In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the stuffing mixture.
5. Drain the cabbage leaves and arrange on plate.
6. In center of each cabbage leaf, spoon equal quantity of the stuffing mixture
7. Fold in sides and roll up the cabbage. Secure with wooden picks.
8. Arrange the cabbage rolls, seam sides down, in a large microwave dish.
9. Combine the soup and sauerkraut and pour over cabbage rolls.
10. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and pierce with knife.
11. Microwave at HIGH for about 15 minutes, or until heated through.
12. Let stand covered for 10 minutes in the steam
13. Serve the cabbage rolls hot, spooning the sauce over them.
Calories 765 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg39.3%
Sodium 1175.6 mg49%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.5%
Dietary Fiber 47.5 g189.9%
Sugars 65.1 g
Protein 50 g100.6%
Vitamin A 41.7% Vitamin C 1118.2%
Calcium 74.7% Iron 68.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet