Grilled Eggplant Rolls
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Purple eggplants||2 Medium, ends trimmed and each cut lengthwise into 5 pieces|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Goat cheese||4 Ounce|
|Basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, minced|
1) To start with, light a charcoal fire. You may also heat the broiler or a skillet-grill in stead.
2) In a bowl, place the sun-dried tomatoes.
3) Add enough boiling water to cover the tomatoes. Allow them to soften for 20 minutes.
4) Use 2 tablespoons of olive oil to brush each side of the eggplant slices.
5) Using the hot grill, grill the eggplant slices on each side for 5 to 10 minutes, turning them once, until they are soft. Keep the grilled eggplants aside.
6) To prepare the filling, in a bowl, combine the goat cheese, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and the remaining olive oil. Mix well.
7) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8) Divide this filling into 10 equal sized portions.
9) On top of each eggplant slice, place a portion of filling. Roll the eggplant around the filling.
10) Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.