Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
|Cabbage head||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Breadcrumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Canned tomato sauce||15 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden rice cone||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Use a sharp knife to carefully remove the whole leaves from the cabbage head. For the stuffing, 12 perfect leaves are needed, and a few more to line the baking dish.
3) In a large kettle, place the leaves and pour 2 cups of water over them. Cover and heat to boiling. Remove the kettle from the heat and allow to stand for about 5 minutes or till the leaves are limp. Drain well.
4) In a medium sized bowl, combine together the breadcrumbs, ground beef, egg, salt, garlic, pepper and oregano. Use a fork to mix lightly till the ingredients have blended well together.
5) On the counter top, lay the 12 cabbage leaves flat. Onto the middle of each leaf, spoon about ½ cup of the cup mixture and fold the small end of the leaf over the filling. Next, fold the sides towards the middle and roll up. Use wooden picks to fasten the leaves.
6) Use the remaining cabbage leaves to line a 12-cup casserole and top with the rolls.
7) In a small bowl, combine together the water and tomato sauce and pour it all over the rolls. Cover the casserole.
8) Bake in preheated oven for about 1 ½ hours, or till the cabbage is soft.
9) Serve hot after arranging rolls around Golden Rice Cone on a heated serving platter.
10) More tomato sauce can be spooned over the rolls.
11) Serve the remaining on the side.
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.6%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88 mg29.3%
Sodium 1313.1 mg54.7%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.8%
Sugars 27.6 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 175%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 57.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet