Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
|Cabbage head||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Breadcrumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Canned tomato sauce||15 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden rice cone||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Use a sharp knife to carefully remove the whole leaves from the cabbage head. For the stuffing, 12 perfect leaves are needed, and a few more to line the baking dish.
3) In a large kettle, place the leaves and pour 2 cups of water over them. Cover and heat to boiling. Remove the kettle from the heat and allow to stand for about 5 minutes or till the leaves are limp. Drain well.
4) In a medium sized bowl, combine together the breadcrumbs, ground beef, egg, salt, garlic, pepper and oregano. Use a fork to mix lightly till the ingredients have blended well together.
5) On the counter top, lay the 12 cabbage leaves flat. Onto the middle of each leaf, spoon about ½ cup of the cup mixture and fold the small end of the leaf over the filling. Next, fold the sides towards the middle and roll up. Use wooden picks to fasten the leaves.
6) Use the remaining cabbage leaves to line a 12-cup casserole and top with the rolls.
7) In a small bowl, combine together the water and tomato sauce and pour it all over the rolls. Cover the casserole.
8) Bake in preheated oven for about 1 ½ hours, or till the cabbage is soft.
9) Serve hot after arranging rolls around Golden Rice Cone on a heated serving platter.
10) More tomato sauce can be spooned over the rolls.
11) Serve the remaining on the side.