Golden Gate Ham Rollups
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ready mix bread stuffing||4 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Thin slices cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Pound (8 Large Ones)|
|Canned peach halves||29 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium-size saucepan sauté onion in butter or margarine such that softened.
2. To it add water bring to boil, remove from heat and stir in bread stuffing.
3. Onto each ham slice spoon about 1/4 cup stuffing, roll up and fasten with wooden picks if needed.
4. In a large shallow greased baking pan place the ham in a single layer, seam side down.
5. Drain peach halves and save 1/4 cup syrup.
6. In a baking pan place the peaches with rounded side up, with ham rolls.
7. In small saucepan combine and heat saved 1/4 cup peach syrup, orange marmalade, vinegar and mustard with constant stirring such that bubbly.
8. Using a part of the mixture, brush ham rolls and peaches.
9. In a moderate oven bake uncovered at 350° brushing often with remaining marmalade mixture for about 40 minutes such that richly glazed.
10. Serve over hot buttered noodles if desired.