Rosemary Chicken Rolls With Orange Nut Stuffing
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound, boned, skinned, and all traces of fat, flattened to about 1/2-inch thick and edges evenly trimmed (2 Whole Breasts,1 Lb/Each)|
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||4 Tablespoon|
|Small onion||1 , finely minced|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Rosemary||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Pecans||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs), reduced to 2/3 cup|
|Fresh orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs), reduced to 2/3 cup|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||3 (To Garnish)|
1. In a mixing bowl add bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, chopped rosemary, pecans, and egg and form a paste.
2. Place the chicken on a flat surface; smear the paste on the chicken breast pieces, roll the breasts tucking in the edges
3. Use toothpicks to secure the ends
4. Place the rolls in a sauté pan and add stock and juice.
5. Bring the mixture to the boil, turn the heat low and simmer,
6. Keep the pan covered and allow cooking for 20-25 minutes, till chicken gets tender but overcook problem needs to be overcooked.
7. The rolls will be firm when pressed by the back of fork
8. The rolls are to be removed on the serving platter; cover the rolls with aluminum foil, the toothpicks are to be removed
9. Turn the oven heat high and allow the liquid to boil till it gets reduced to half of its initial quantity
10.Spoon the sauce over the chicken roll
11.Before serving garnish with rosemary sprigs