Grilled Balsamic Chicken Cutlets Over Spinach Salad With Warm Shallot Vinaigrette
|Chicken breast cutlets||1 1⁄2 Pound (8 Pieces, Sometimes Marked "Thin Cut")|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon (Enough To Just Coat The Breast Slices)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon (Eyeball It)|
|Steak seasoning blend/Salt and pepper to taste||1 (Such As Montreal Seasoning By Mccormick)|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||4 , stripped and finely chopped for about 2 tablespoons|
|Center cut bacon||1 Pound, chopped into 1-inch pieces|
|Fresh spinach leaves||1 Pound, trimmed and cleaned|
|White stuffing mushrooms||8 , thinly sliced (Gourmet)|
|Radishes||8 , thinly sliced|
|Scallions||4 , thinly sliced on an angle|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Eyeball The Amount)|
|Shallot||1 Large, minced|
|Dijon mustard||3 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, coat chicken with vinegar, oil, seasonings, and rosemary and set aside.
2) Take a skillet, put in the chopped bacon (work in two batches if preparing salad for four).
3) Over medium-high heat, brown chicken and then transfer the bits to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Use center-cut bacon to cut down on the pan drippings that might spatter.
4) Using a knife, coarsely chop spinach leaves and add to salad bowl.
5) Add mushrooms, radishes, and scallions and top it.
6) Add salt and pepper and season.
7) Keep another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and pre-heat it.
8) TO PREPARE DRESSING: Wipe clean the bacon pan and return to stove over medium-low heat.
9) Pour in oil and sauté shallots for 3 minutes. Then take away from heat.
10) Take a bowl, mix mustard and balsamic vinegar.
11) Pour in shallot oil in a slow stream, while whisking the dressing to emulsify it.
12) Transfer the warm dressing over spinach salad and toss to coat evenly.
13) Put in the cooked bacon and mix again.
14) Cook the chicken cutlets, 4 minutes on each side, in a single layer in the preheated nonstick skillet.
15) Using a knife, slice breasts on an angle.
16) Add the spinach salad onto dinner plates and top each salad with 2 sliced cutlets.