|Cake yeast||1 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In 1/4 cup warm water dissolve yeast.
3) Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar.
4) Mix flour, softened butter and a little salt.
5) Mix well as pie dough.
6) Blend in egg yolks, vanilla and 1/4 cup sugar to the yeast mixture.
7) Mix thoroughly and divide into thirds.
8) Roll like long rectangle and cut each piece into 10 or 12 triangles.
9) Prepare filling with stiffly beaten egg whites, 1/2 cup sugar, chopped nuts and cinnamon.
10) Spoon the mixture into each triangle and fold.
11) Grease a tin and place on it point down. Don't let it rise.
12) Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
13) Serve with a thin line of icing on top.