Baked Crab Spring Rolls
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Celery ribs||2 , finely chopped|
|Water chestnuts||6 , finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, finely chopped|
|Fresh bean sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Handful)|
|Canned lump crabmeat||12 Ounce, drained and flaked (2 Cans, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (Such As Tamari)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried (Eyeball It)|
|Phyllo dough sheets||4 , Defrosted (13 X 17 Inches Each)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. In a preheated skillet over medium to medium-high heat saute pepper, celery, water chestnuts, and onion in oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Transfer to a bowl while veggies are still a little crunchy and combine with bean spouts, crab, soy sauce, and thyme well with a spoon.
4. With melted butter paint half of a sheet of phyllo dough and fold sheet in half, making almost a square.
5. From the bottom of sheet pile a few spoonfuls of filling 2 inches and leaving 2 inches at either side of sheet.
6. Then folding the bottom flap up with side edges in roll up and over such that you reach the top of the sheet.
7. Your crab pastry will look like a spring roll.
8. With melted butter dab the edges and sides of your roll and place seam-side down on a pastry sheet.
9. Assembling all bake on center rack 15 minutes or until lightly golden all over.
10. Serve as desired.