Hot Cinnamon Rolls
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Milk free margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Unsifted)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk free margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Confectioners' sugar frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In warm water, dissolve the yeast and add the sugar, salt, egg, margarine and 1 cup of flour. Beat well.
2) Add just enough flour to make a soft dough.
3) Knead the dough for about 2 minutes on a floured board. Roll out the dough to a rectangle measuring about 9x18-inches.
4) Use melted margarine to brush the rectangle and sprinkle with the combined cinnamon and sugar.
5) Roll the rectangle like a jelly roll and firmly seal the sides. Cut the roll into 12 equal pieces.
6) In a greased round pan of 8-inches arrange the pieces and cover with a moist cloth.
7) In a cold oven on a wire rack over a pan of boiling water, place the covered rolls.
8) Allow the rolls to rise for about 30 minutes and then uncover them. Remove the rack as well as the pan of water.
9) Set the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees and bake the rolls for about 30 to 35 minutes.
10) Frost with Confectioners’ Sugar Frosting while rolls are still warm.
11) Serve as preferred.