Gus's Cabbage Rolls
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Pork||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cooked|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1)In a 3-quart casserole, core and place the cabbage head.
2) Pour in the boiling water to cover 1/4 bottom of the cabbage.
3) Cover and cook in the microwave for 11 to 12 minutes.
4) Slightly cool the cabbage, detach 6 to 8 large outside leaves and remove the tough core from each leaf.
5) In a bowl, add the ground beef, pork, rice, egg, thyme, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper together, toss lightly to mix.
6) Spoon the mixture over the cabbage leaves and wrap the leaves tightly around the mixture.
7) In a 3-quart casserole, place the rolls over a few cabbage leaves and cover with the rest.
8) Dot with the butter and pour about 1 1/2 cups boiling water.
9) Cover and cook in the microwave for about 50 minutes or until meat is cooked and rolls are tender.
10) Remove, cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes, then discard the loose cabbage leaves.
11) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.