Salmon Croquettes With White Sauce
|Canned salmon||17 1⁄2 Ounce, flaked (2 1/2 Cans, 7 Ounce Size)|
|Thick white sauce||4 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Fat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) In a bowl, add salmon and sauce together with Parmesan cheese.
2) Season the mixture with salt and pepper, onion and lemon juice according to taste.
3) In a buttered baking pan, spread the mixture to 1-inch thick layer.
4) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
5) Prepare 8 croquettes, out of the mixture.
6) Coat with bread crumbs and dip into egg, lightly beaten with 2 to 3 tablespoons water. Give a second coating of bread crumbs and chill until ready to fry.
7) Fry the croquettes in deep fat (375°F) until golden.
8) Serve hot with green salad.
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.5 mg22.8%
Sodium 658.6 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet