Stuffed Veal Cutlets On Sea Shells
|Veal cutlets||6 , thinly sliced|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thin ham slices||6|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||4 Large, sliced|
|Carrots||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Fresh ripe tomatoes||2 , cut into wedges|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook shells according to package directions.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large pan, cook the shells according to the package instructions.
4. Season the veal cutlets with salt and pepper
5. Sprinkle the chopped onions on top of the veal cutlets
6. In a large bowl, mix breadcrumbs, parsley and thyme together.
7. Place the stuffing inside each cutlet
8. Top the veal cutlet with ham
9. Roll up the veal and the ham to form a roll
10. Fasten in placed with a toothpick
11. In a large pan, heat the butter on slow heat.
12. Sauté the rolls in butter
13. Set aside till required
14. In the same pan, heat the sliced onions, carrots, and tomatoes.
15. Add wine, broth and salt
16. In a large casserole, layer the mixture, followed by the stuffed veal cutlets
17. Cover and bake on moderate heat in a moderate oven at 350°F., about 60 minutes, basting frequently.
18. Layer the veal rolls on the shells and serve hot sprinkled with cheese.